Subject: Re: bug#41572: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Support plain project marked with file .emacs-project

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 04:19:47 +0200

Version: 29.1

On 30/11/2022 22:43, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>>
>> This is a significant change of the implementation of a public API.  
>> Isn't
>> it risky to make such changes on the release branch?
>>
>> But if you are okay with that, it's fine by me.
> 
> A little bit, yeah. But I've done some dogfooding, and we have a couple 
> of months before the release, right?

And now pushed to emacs-29.

Looks like time to close this bug (and the merged one). The new user 
option project-vc-extra-root-markers should cover the described use 
cases in both feature requests. The default is nil, though, so people 
will need to customize.

Not every idea from this discussion has made it in, but we can get back 
to them later.