Subject: Re: bug#41572: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Support plain project marked with file .emacs-project

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 19:23:29 +0000

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022, 12:30 Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> > My use case is the following: I'm interested in being able to designate
> > projects (through various means, not only marker files) that may only
> > exist inside other projects.
>
> You previously described your super-project and how you handled it using
> project-find-functions hook with a new element that looked for file
> markers. Does this patch make that easier to do? Without writing custom
> functions?
>

The example i gave did _not_ use file markers. Personally, I can't use
them. I need some elisp way.

> I then want the C-x p family of commands
> > to allow a choice of inner project or any of the associated
> > super-projects.
>
> Please avoid mixing feature requests. I already said that "choice of
> inner or outer" is out of scope for this, but it's easily implemented on
> top.
>

What good are sub and super projects without a way to take advantage of
them? If anything we should focus on the operations first.

I have not seen your other patch. I take it it must have had some drawback
since you superseded it with something else. But post the link, this thread
is too long. I'll look at it on Monday if I have time.