Subject: Re: bug#4157: 23.1.50; faulty character characterisation for ä

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:19:17 +0200

Am 24.08.2009 um 14:22 schrieb Kenichi Handa:

> Please try to load ucs-normalize and set
> file-name-coding-system to utf-8-hfs.  You should see file
> names correctly by precomposed characters as "«£".

When I copy a line from a dired buffer with a composed character  
taken from another font into *scratch* buffer and then apply on the  
marked file name ucs-normalize-HFS-NFC-region, then the foreign glyph  
is changed to one from the default font. Automatically this does not  
happen in dired buffer, although global-auto-composition-mode and  
auto-composition-mode are both t.

And ucs-normalize is auto-loaded!

--
Greetings
                                  <]
   Pete       o        __o         |__    o           recumbo
     ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%       ergo sum!
___/\ /\___./ \___...O/ O____.....`-O-'-()--o_________________