Subject: Re: bug#41564: Auctex on elpa, dated may 24th 2020 is broken

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 06:53:12 +0200

Marco Falconi <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Marco,

> I attach here both the debugger backtrace report, and the system
> information, as you asked.
>
> Hope it helps.

It does.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable font-latex-extend-region-functions)
>   (member (quote font-latex-extend-region-backwards-lemma-envII)
>   font-latex-extend-region-functions)

Indeed, we have restructured quite a lot in font-latex.el in the last
ELPA release, and now font-latex-extend-region-functions is gone.
However, there is no font-latex-extend-region-backwards-lemma-envII in
AUCTeX.  Do you use some extension package providing that function?  Or
is that in your ~/.emacs?

Bye,
Tassilo