Subject: Re: bug#41564: Auctex on elpa, dated may 24th 2020 is broken

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 18:46:18 +0200

Marco Falconi <[email-masked]> writes:

> No one else is reporting such a problem?

Not until now.

> If not, I can reinstall the package and test it for you, but since I
> use AucTeX for my work, I cannot do it right now.

No problem, do it whenever you have time.

  - Update to the current ELPA auctex release
  - Fire up a new emacs
  - Do M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
  - Find a latex file

Then a buffer with the backtrace should pop up when the error happens
pinpointing the exact location of the problem.  That's what we need.

It would also be good to get some more system information (Emacs
version, AUCTeX configuration, etc.).  For that, do M-x
TeX-submit-bug-report RET RET and copy and paste the information below
the dashed line into your reply to this report.

Bye,
Tassilo