Subject: bug#41559: texmathp reports false negatives

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 12:02:44 +0900

Hi,

>>>>> TEC <[email-masked]> writes:
> Consider the following examples

> #+BEGIN_EXPORT latex \(a\) #+END_EXPORT

> and

> #+BEGIN_EXPORT latex \[
>    a
> \] #+END_EXPORT

> In both cases (texmathp) returns nil. However if I replace these LaTeX
> deliminators with their TeX counterparts, (texmathp) rteurns t,
> correctly.

It doesn't reproduce on my side. I saved a file with the contents
----------------------------------------------------------------------
#+BEGIN_EXPORT latex \(a\) #+END_EXPORT

#+BEGIN_EXPORT latex \[
   a
\] #+END_EXPORT
----------------------------------------------------------------------
and evaluated (texmathp) by M-: at each position before "a". Both
returned t for me.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita