Subject: bug#41559: texmathp reports false negatives

From: TEC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 12:33:29 +0800

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes: 
 
>> Whether I put mu cursor before or after a latex-mode buffer 
>> simply containing \(a\) I find (texmathp) returns nil. 
> 
> I'd like to ask the precise position of the cursor. Does "before 
> or after" means "just before" and "just after"? In other words, 
> was the blinking rectangle of the cursor just on the first 
> backslash and just after the closing paren, respectively, of 
> "\(a\)"? If so, `texmathp' does return nil, and that's the 
> expected way in which that function operates. 

Ooops, that's poor wording on my part. Should have been:
  Whether I put my cursor before or after "a" in a latex-mode 
  buffer
  simply containing \(a\) I find (texmathp) returns nil.

I.e. With "|" representing the cursor, I've tried \(|a\) and 
\(a|\)

Hope that clarifies,

Timothy.