Subject: Re: bug#41559: texmathp reports false negatives

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:32:25 +0900

Hi Timothy,

>>>>> TEC <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm on
> - AucTeX 12.2.0 (fafa28d)
> - Emacs 26.3
> - Linux 5.6.13

It doesn't seem that there is significant difference. I'm on
GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd12.0, GTK+ Version 3.24.9)
AUCTeX-date "2020-05-17"

> Whether I put mu cursor before or after a latex-mode buffer simply
> containing
> \(a\) I find (texmathp) returns nil.

I'd like to ask the precise position of the cursor. Does "before or
after" means "just before" and "just after"? In other words, was the
blinking rectangle of the cursor just on the first backslash and just
after the closing paren, respectively, of "\(a\)"? If so, `texmathp'
does return nil, and that's the expected way in which that function
operates.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita