Subject: bug#41544: 26.3; Possible incorrect results from color-distance

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:10:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> How do they make things better, and what things, exactly?  My
> recollection is that this was about consistency, not correctness.

According to the screen shots, they compute correct colours (based on
fixing the luminance formulas, if I remember correctly (it's been a
couple weeks since I read this thread)).

> Also, the original discussion was about quite a few separate changes,
> some of which were installed, so I don't think I have a clear idea
> which parts you allude to.

My impression was that only a few bug fixes were done, but the rest of
the colour computation was not applied?  That may be wrong -- Mattias?

>> Would it be possible to add the new calculations with a defcustom to
>> say whether to use the new or old methods?
>
> I don't think defcustom is the proper way of handling differences in
> behavior at this low level.

Different ways of computing colours?  That's not very low level.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no