Subject: bug#41543: 28.0.50; Wrong sunrise and sunset here

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:25:52 +0300

The sunrise here is about 7 A.M. and sunset about 7 A.M. but don't know
exactly. I have set the location and time zone and things correctly, and
I get really incorrect answer from the function.

(setq calendar-latitude 29.72780)
(setq calendar-longitude 1.12484)
(setq calendar-time-zone 180)
(setq calendar-location-name "Bwindi Impenetrable Forest")
(setq calendar-standard-time-zone-name "UTC+180")

Sunrise 7:58am (UTC+180), sunset 9:47pm (UTC+180) at Bwindi Impenetrable
Forest (13:48 hrs daylight)

That answer is not quite right, sunset is never 9:47pm, but also not 8pm
it is about 7pm and sunrise is about 7am, every day about the same with
slight differences during the year. Sunrise is about 1 hour too much,
and sunset almost 3 hours, so it makes no sense.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-05-07 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: b2581eea1be1468a15927be00ba2f3f399af33a1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Recent messages:
29.7278
1.12484
180 (#o264, #xb4)
"Bwindi Impenetrable Forest"
"UTC+180"
Sunrise 7:58am (UTC+180), sunset 9:47pm (UTC+180) at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest (13:48 hrs daylight)
<s-right> is undefined
"UTC+180"
Mark set
Mark activated

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-05-07 --with-modules
 --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/data1/protected/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cal-julian solar cal-dst cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52128 8063)
 (symbols 48 6595 1)
 (strings 32 18017 2164)
 (string-bytes 1 609253)
 (vectors 16 10044)
 (vector-slots 8 132823 11776)
 (floats 8 353 353)
 (intervals 56 283 17)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis