Subject: Re: bug#41541: [PATCH 4/8] bootloader: grub: Add support for multiboot.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 09:47:09 +0200

> +      (($ <menu-entry> label device mount-point #f () #f kernel arguments modules)
> +       (let* ((target (%current-target-system)))

This doesn't seem to be used anymore. Plus using %current-target-system
here could not give the expected result. I think that the only two
"safe" ways are to use (current-target-system) from a monadic context,
or to use "let-system".

We should maybe write something about that in the documentation.

> +         #~(format port "
> +menuentry ~s {
> +  multiboot ~a root=device:hd0s1~a~a
> +}~%"

If we add support for EFI one day, then it could be "hd0s2". In
"install-grub-disk-image", I manage to get to root-index from the
caller. I think it will be harder to do the same thing here. It's ok for
me if we leave it this way.

Thanks,

Mathieu