Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Merge wip-hurd-vm "last review round"

From: "Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 15:59:06 +0200

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>

Hi!

I've just reset wip-hurd-vm (and already locally fixed one commit message
using a report by jonsger).

This patch set includes all patches that I haven't seen any comments on yet.
"wip-hurd-vm" is currently 23 commits and I believe we're good to go after
this review.

This patch set also includes the already reviewed three <menu-entry>,
<boot-parameters> and grub patches that I don't expect/need an explicit
LGTM on (of course I still take remarks/suggestions if you feel the need).

I based the previous version of wip-hurd-vm onto Ludo's qemu-image work,
mainly to see if it would fix the old vm-image, and make sure that it would
not break anything.  While I would still suggest to merge that work, I have
removed it from wip-hurd-vm; the only supported way to build a VM image for
the Hurd is by using the new disk-image.

Thanks,
Janneke

Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen (8):
  system: Add 'hurd' field to <operating-system>.
  bootloader: Extend `<menu-entry>' for multiboot.
  system: Add 'multiboot-modules' field to <boot-parameters>.
  bootloader: grub: Add support for multiboot.
  system: Use 'hurd' package in label.
  system: examples: Add bare-hurd.tmpl.
  services: hurd: Add `hurd-etc-service'.
  system: Add `hurd-activation'.

 Makefile.am                        |   3 +-
 doc/guix.texi                      |  26 ++++++-
 gnu/bootloader.scm                 |  49 +++++++++++--
 gnu/bootloader/grub.scm            |  71 +++++++++++--------
 gnu/build/activation.scm           |   9 +--
 gnu/local.mk                       |   1 +
 gnu/services.scm                   |  86 +++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/services/hurd.scm              |  61 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/system.scm                     | 106 +++++++++++++++++++++++------
 gnu/system/examples/bare-hurd.tmpl |  24 +++++++
 gnu/system/hurd.scm                |  50 +++++++++++++-
 11 files changed, 394 insertions(+), 92 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/services/hurd.scm
 create mode 100644 gnu/system/examples/bare-hurd.tmpl

-- 
2.26.2