Subject: [bug#41541] [PATCH 8/8] system: Add `hurd-activation'.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 16:21:51 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> "Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> +(define (hurd-activation-script gexps)
>> +        (activate-current-system #:kernel-command-line command-line)
>
> It seems that ‘command-line’ is unbound here, no?

I don't think so...activation will be loaded from RC (following commit),
which is a guile script started by RUNSYSTEM:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
...
exec ${system}/rc \"$@\"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> I was wondering: if the only thing that differs between Linux and Mach
> is the command line, could we keep the same activation script for both
> cases, and instead move the conditional to (gnu build activation), like:
>
   (if (string-contains %host-type "linux-gnu")
       linux-command-line
       mach-command-line)

> Does that make sense?

Yes, much better now.  Using (command-line), though.

This used to be much more complicated, when stuff didn't cross build
correctly etc.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com