Subject: Re: bug#41541: merge wip-hurd-vm

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 16:40:57 +0200

Mathieu Othacehe writes:

Hello!

> About that, I'd like to limit at maximum the (if hurd ...) conditionals
> in (gnu system image).
>
> So for the "make-device-node", I would propose to "link" it to the
> image definition, as proposed in the attached patch.
>
> I'll see if we can do something similar for the "extra-directives" and
> the "boot-activation".

I have managed to completely boot-activation.  Still using the same
patch for hurd-directives, but I've got a feeling we're getting real
close now.

This adds besides 'multiboot-kernel' and 'multiboot-modules' now also
'multiboot-arguments' to <menu-entry>.  The temptation to rename 'linux'
and 'linux-arguments' to 'kernel' and 'kernel-arguments' increases, but
I didn't!

I'm planning to reset wip-hurd-vm again as soon as my tests pass; there
was another grub patch on master.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com