Subject: gnus-article-fill-long-lines uses some hardwired window width of 70 somehow?

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 08:37:28 +0800

gnus-article-fill-long-lines is an interactive Lisp function in
    ‘gnus-art.el’.

    (gnus-article-fill-long-lines &optional INTERACTIVE &rest ARGS)

    Fill lines that are wider than the window width.

Well it does more than just that. Take this article for instance:

---

Georgia Wells, *The Wall Street Journal*, 15 May 2020
Doctors Are Tweeting About Coronavirus to Make Facts Go Viral
https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors-are-tweeting-about-coronavirus-to-make-facts-go-viral-11589558880

As dubious Covid-19 claims circulate online, UCSF's Dr. Bob Wachter and
others are taking to Twitter

SAN FRANCISCO -- Bob Wachter, the chairman of the department of medicine
at the University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row seat
to the coronavirus pandemic.

Dr. Wachter's job, at least in part, is to keep the department's 3,000 or so faculty, trainees and staff current on developments in research, education and clinical care. But most days he sets aside at least two hours to keep another group informed: his Twitter followers.

---- Well it becomes

Georgia Wells, *The Wall Street Journal*, 15 May 2020
Doctors Are Tweeting About Coronavirus to Make Facts Go Viral
https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors-are-tweeting-about-coronavirus-to-make-facts-go-viral-11589558880

As dubious Covid-19 claims circulate online, UCSF's Dr. Bob Wachter
and
others are taking to Twitter

SAN FRANCISCO -- Bob Wachter, the chairman of the department of
medicine
at the University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row
seat
to the coronavirus pandemic.

Dr. Wachter's job, at least in part, is to keep the department's 3,000
or so faculty, trainees and staff current on developments in research,
education and clinical care. But most days he sets aside at least two
hours to keep another group informed: his Twitter followers.

---

(window-width (get-buffer-window (current-buffer)))
236
So why is it also acting on other lines?
Also C-u (INTERACTIVE) does nothing, as one sees in the code.

Anyway, https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/ is what I use.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-17, modified by Debian