Subject: Re: [bug#41533] Acknowledgement ([PATCH 0/10] Misc updates)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 00:45:42 +0200

Vincent,

Thanks!  According to this comment in the netpbm package, 
‘advanced’ was not the prime choice:

  ;; At the time of first packaging, the "super-stable" and
  ;; "stable" versions did not compile with newer libpng;
  ;; we needed the "advanced" version.
  ;; The currently highest stable version is 10.47.53,
  ;; the currently highest advanced version is 10.69.4,
  ;; svn release 2397.

Stable has moved up quite a bit, to 10.86.13.  Could you try 
building it first?

Vincent Legoll 写道：
> There's something strange (to me) happening with the netpbm 
> update,
> probably related to svn-fetch.
>
> The hash did not change for the version update.

You're still asking Guix to fetch and build the old revision, 
since you only changed the VERSION field.  The source isn't 
affected by that variable:

  (uri (svn-reference
         (url "http://svn.code.sf.net/p/netpbm/code/advanced")
         (revision 2965)))

You can find the corresponding SVN revision on the release page[0] 
or:

  ;; To determine the correct release: "svn log version.mk".

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://sourceforge.net/p/netpbm/code/HEAD/tree/

PS: I updated haproxy on master already.