Subject: Re: bug#41532: Why use the mouse in Emacs?

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:52:20 +0100

>>>>> Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <Kevin> writes:

    > You can use the mouse to click on certain elements but it is
    > difficult to navigate with the mouse or to organize its work
    > because the interface is not designed this way. The menu, for
    > example, does not open graphical windows but usual Emacs windows
    > (minibuffer, echo area, Customize...).

    > Finally, I think it is necessary to clarify that we use Emacs
    > mainly with the keyboard because the interface is designed that
    > way otherwise the user will have false expectations.

Well you may do that. I use mainly the keyboard to avoid repetitive stress
injuries to my wrist. And after 40-odd years, I think it's been
successful.

Best wishes,

Colin.

-- 
Colin Baxter
URL: http://www.Colin-Baxter.com