Subject: Re: bug#41531: 27.0.91; Better handle asynchronous eldoc backends

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 00:24:59 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 08.07.2020 01:49, João Távora wrote:
>> The rest of your long email hints that you've misunderstood what this
>> change to Eldoc is accomplishing.
>
> So basically you even refuse to discuss the design choices in the
> branch, or the shortcomings of the implementation, its current bugs,
> etc?

I read your email, but it's very hard to follow your verbal conjectures
that this here or that there will fail catastrophically.

I suggest you make a bug report for each bug, describe a recipe for
reproducing the bug.  Likewise, if there are shortcomings in the design,
state clearly what you wanted do, but can't.  I promise to attend to
them, time permitting.

It's important to disconnect these reports from your fondness for
futures, which is a technique for which we don't have a library or
consensus for.  That in particular makes your otherwise extremely
valuable feedback very hard to follow.  Let's take Stefan's advice on
the futures front, is my recommendation.

Also, I agree with Stefan that things have become tense and agressive,
and no good progress can be made in these conditions.

Best,
João