Subject: bug#41528: failed to compute derivation

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 23:54:54 +0200

Marco van Hulten <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi—
>
> I did a 'guix pull && guix package -u' today, but something went wrong,
> tail follows:
>
> ...
> ./guix/store.scm:1363:15: Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &store-protocol-error [message: "build of `/gnu/store/gv21jfvr92p2rqwjp7idv7q1if44q5wl-openldap-2.4.50.drv' failed" status: 100] 7f9b9a5b3e40>)'.
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/6naagkv776pp47zk9blnnrjwhzyq5k4b-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "8c42a25b77e5cb8c97dacfdd552811a820d674eb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "545e12f40dcd8cfc779e8802dadead7a7cdc8364"; pull-version: 1).
> Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.
>
>
> Longer tail: http://paste.debian.net/1148762/

One libpng test is failing.  Full log included here for posterity:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
FAIL: tests/pngtest                                                                                                                  ===================                                                                                                                  

                                                                                                                                    [46/1810]
 Testing libpng version 1.6.37                                                                                                       
   with zlib   version 1.2.11                                                                                                        
                                                                  
libpng version 1.6.37                                                                                                                
Copyright (c) 2018-2019 Cosmin Truta                              
Copyright (c) 1998-2002,2004,2006-2018 Glenn Randers-Pehrson                                                                         
Copyright (c) 1996-1997 Andreas Dilger                                                                                               
Copyright (c) 1995-1996 Guy Eric Schalnat, Group 42, Inc.                                                                            
 library (10637): libpng version 1.6.37 - April 14, 2019                                                                             
                                                                  
 pngtest (10637): libpng version 1.6.37 - April 14, 2019                                                                             
                                                                  
 Testing ./pngtest.png:                                           
   Text compression[0]=-1                                         
                                                                  
 stereo mode = 1                                                  
 vpAg = 100 x 100, units = 0                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                     
   Text compression[0]=0                                                                                                             
 eXIf type MM, 52 bytes                                           
                                                                                                                                      Image width = 91, height = 69                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                     
Files ./pngtest.png and pngout.png are different                                                                                     
   Was ./pngtest.png written with the same maximum IDAT chunk size (8192 bytes),                                                     
   filtering heuristic (libpng default), compression level (zlib default),                                                           
   and zlib version (1.2.11)?                                     
                                                                                                                                      FAIL                                                             
 libpng FAILS test                                                                                                                   
 Default limits:                                                  
  width_max  = 1000000                                            
  height_max = 1000000                                            
  cache_max  = 1000                                               
  malloc_max = 8000000                                            
FAIL tests/pngtest (exit status: 1) 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Is this error consistent for you, or could it have been an
indeterministic failure?

Also, did you intentionally disable binary substitutes?