Subject: [bug#41507] [PATCH Shepherd 0/2] Use 'signalfd' on GNU/Linux

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 17:13:07 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> This patch series allows shepherd to use ‘signalfd’ on GNU/Linux.

[...] 

> Thoughts?

I am extremely happy to see that you got this to work; I bashed my head
against a wall getting the signal-handling thread to block the right
signals. This does seem like something that should be in guile proper
rather than shepherd though.

As I read it, you need to set up a signalfd handlers for specific
signals before ever calling `sigaction'. Does this not have an impact on
being able to do some forms of REPL-driven development with shepherd?
Perhaps it makes sense to document this gotcha (and some of its
implications) in a location other than an inline comment in
`maybe-signal-port'.

Thanks for getting this to work nonetheless!
 - Jelle