Subject: Re: bug#41483: Linphone won't connect to SIP account

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 00:52:30 -0400

Hello Ben,

[...]

> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:365 MESSAGE New local ip address is 192.168.1.134
> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:365 MESSAGE SIP network reachability state is now [UP]
> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:365 MESSAGE Media network reachability state is now [UP]
> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:366 MESSAGE LinphoneProxyConfig [0x7f57c800d030] about to register (LinphoneCore version: 3.12.0)
> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:367 ERROR No listening point matching for [tls://sip.linphone.org:5061]
> 2020-05-23 23:05:54:367 ERROR belle_sip_client_transaction_send_request(): no channel available

Have you used the account assistant to create that SIP account? I found
configuring an account manually confusing without it (the input text
fields expect some protocol prefix I wasn't sure about).  Perhaps that
protocol line is wrong. With my voip.ms service, it works fine (using
TLS):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[00:35:00:105][Info]Core:linphone: New local ip address is 192.168.10.15
[00:35:00:105][Info]Core:linphone: SIP network reachability state is now [UP]
[00:35:00:105][Info]Core:linphone: Media network reachability state is now [UP]
[00:35:00:105][Info]Core:linphone: LinphoneProxyConfig [0x7f590c00cad0] about to register (LinphoneCore version: 3.12.0)
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip: belle_sip_client_transaction_send_request(): waiting channel to be ready
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip: channel [0x159b3c0]: starting resolution of xxx.voip.ms
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip: channel 0x159b3c0: state RES_IN_PROGRESS
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip: transaction [0x11916f0] channel state changed to [RES_IN_PROGRESS]
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip: Resolver is using DNS server(s):
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip:     192.168.55.1
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip:     192.168.50.37
[00:35:00:107][Info]Core:belle-sip:     192.168.10.1
[00:35:00:108][Info]Core:belle-sip: resolver_process_data dns_res_check() in progress
[00:35:00:108][Info]Core:belle-sip: DNS resolution awaiting response, queued to main loop
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So I know for sure that it works fine, but debugging is not easy when we
dial in a setting wrong.

Maxim