Subject: bug#4147: 23.1.50: Info-search command strange behaviour

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 02:36:59 +0200

>> All next/prev/up navigations links work from the "header-line" window
>> without additional efforts thanks to the following existing code in
>> Info-next/Info-prev/Info-up:
>>
>>     (or (eq major-mode 'Info-mode) (pop-to-buffer "*info*"))
>
> Would this work with cloned Info buffers?  In any case `pop-to-buffer'
> is way too fragile to be generally useful.

Actually, it works with cloned Info buffers as well due to some magic
of defining a key binding like

    (define-key keymap [header-line mouse-1] 'Info-next)

where `header-line' defines that a mouse click operates on the original
window instead of the header-line window where a link was clicked.

>> that after clicking on a link in the "header-line" window moves the
>> current focus from the "header-line" window to the window with the
>> Info buffer.  (The links are not yet displayed as blue underlined text,
>> but nevertheless work well).
>
> The code should suppress displaying scrollbars in header-windows.

Do you know how to suppress scrollbars on a per window/buffer basis?

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/