Subject: bug#4147: 23.1.50: Info-search command strange behaviour

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 02:34:38 +0200

>> In this case we could display Ersatz divider, e.g. the bottom line
>> of the upper window fontified with a different face.
>
> Anyway it would be nice to have horizontal dividers by default so an
> application could suppress displaying the mode-line more easily.
>
>>> BTW, how are tabs displayed on text-only terminals?
>>
>> They are correctly displayed as text lines.
>
> And how would we do the Ersatz divider stuff there?

For example, with the `inverse-video' face attribute, like we do for the
`mode-line' face.

>> Using the same design, a toolbar could be displayed in a separate
>> window above the header window.
>
> I never looked at the toolbar code.  Is there anything that mandates
> the existence of one single toolbar on an Emacs frame?

The toolbar is represented by a propertized string created by
`build_desired_tool_bar_string'.  It is only the frame parameter
`tool_bar_window' that mandates one toolbar per frame.

> Especially for Info buffers it would be nice to have a toolbar window
> right above the Info window.

It could be created by the same means as the header-line window.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/