Subject: bug#4146: c-file-style in buffer local variables does not work

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 21:00:51 +0000

Hi, Glenn,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 03:22:03PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > I have just reverted it in the CVS HEAD.  It should be "OK", now.

> Looks like you forgot to make a ChangeLog entry.

Yep.  Somehow making that patch felt too easy, as though I'd forgotten
something.  I've done the ChangeLog entry now, thanks for the reminder.

> Also, I guess the issue that you made this change to solve is now
> back, though I haven't tested it:

That's what the quotes round "OK" were alluding to.

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01011.html

Fixing it properly will require a lot of patience, a lot of bloody
mindedness, and a high toleration for mindless tedium.  I'll get round to
it sometime, assuming a fix is possible.  Note that this code is now the
same as what's in 23.1, about which nobody's complained so far.  But yes,
it is a bug.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).