Subject: [bug#41444] [PATCH] Fix guile-fibers resource leak

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 18:44:59 +0100

Caleb Ristvedt <[email-masked]> writes:

> This adds a patch to guile-fibers to fix a resource leak that caused
> file descriptors to be opened and never closed with each invocation of
> `run-fibers'.  This is presumably what was causing the tests to fail, as
> guile will abort when it gets EMFILE while attempting to create a new
> thread.  I've verified that it builds on my system, but it's only a
> 4-core machine, and the rate at which file descriptors leak scales with
> the number of cores, so it's possible it would have built successfully
> here regardless.  Could someone with access to a system with more cores
> verify that it now builds properly there?

I've tried this on bayfront.guix.gnu.org which has 32 cores and I'm very
glad to say it seems to work!

Maybe tweak the capitalisation in the commit message, "New patch", "Add
it ...", "Use it", but yeah, I'm all for merging this, with it I'll be
able to reconfigure bayfront hopefully. Are you set to tweak the commit
message and push?

Thanks,

Chris