Subject: bug#41436: 26.1; How to list upgradable packages only

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:43:56 -0400

Eduardo Mercovich <[email-masked]> writes:

> But, for my life, even after quite some searching and reading I can't
> find how to filter the list by that status (the command
> package-menu-filter does something different or I don't understand how
> to use it for this), so I can see only the packages that can be
> upgraded.

This feature is already in master and will be part of Emacs 28.1.
Unfortunately, the patch wasn't merged in time for Emacs 27.

commit aea12d4903136c057bb14d3fd7683bf7a4e1eff6
Author: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Feb 5 13:12:01 2020 +0100

    Add new filter commands to Package Menu (Bug#38424)

    * lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el (package-menu-filter-by-version)
    (package-menu-filter-by-status, package-menu-filter-by-archive):
    New filter commands.

Please try it out and see if it works for you.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas