Subject: [bug#41431] [PATCH] gnu: Add protonvpn-cli.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 16:17:46 +0200

Hi,

Ryan Prior <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/vpn.scm (protonvpn-cli): New variable.

Overall LGTM, with minor issues:

> +    (arguments '(#:tests? #f))

When enabling the tests, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `check'
running "python setup.py" with command "test" and parameters ()
running test
running egg_info
writing protonvpn_cli.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to protonvpn_cli.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to protonvpn_cli.egg-info/entry_points.txt
writing requirements to protonvpn_cli.egg-info/requires.txt
writing top-level names to protonvpn_cli.egg-info/top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'protonvpn_cli.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
writing manifest file 'protonvpn_cli.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/.pvpn-cli'
command "python" "-c" "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n', '\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" "test" failed with status 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So there are definitely tests, but for some reason they’re not working
as expected.  Could you take a look?  (In general we don’t disable tests
unless there’s a compelling reason to do so.)

> +    (description
> +     "ProtonVPN is a secure point-to-point virtual private networking service
> +with a gratis tier.")
> +    (home-page "https://github.com/ProtonVPN/linux-cli")
> +    (license license:gpl3)))

This is ‘gpl3+’ AFAICS since nothing says “version 3 only.”

Could you send an updated patch?

Bonus points if you expound the description a bit.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.