Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Wrappers for c compilers

From: Ryan Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 00:51:00 +0000

As an end-user, I want to create a manifest that to hack on some code where
the upstream build system badly wants to use `cc' and provides no practical
way to avoid this. At present, I have to create symlinks myself or patch the
build system; either way is non-obvious to other people who might try and use
my manifest when I share it.

With this patch in Guix I can just specify `gcc-toolchain-wrapper' in my
manifest and have that be the end of it. For consistency's sake I have applied
this to all other c compilers I could find in Guix as well.

Ryan Prior (5):
  gnu: Add tcc-wrapper.
  gnu: Add pcc-wrapper.
  gnu: Add gcc-toolchain-wrapper.
  gnu: Add sdcc-wrapper.
  gnu: Add bcc-wrapper.

 gnu/packages/assembly.scm     |  3 +++
 gnu/packages/c.scm            | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm |  3 +++
 gnu/packages/sdcc.scm         |  3 +++
 4 files changed, 41 insertions(+)

-- 
2.26.2