Subject: Re: Installing the fix for bug#41423 on emacs-27

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 15:53:35 +0000

Hi. Stefan, Lars, Eli, Michael, Guys.

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

    Stefan> OK, thanks.  That saves me the trouble of trying to write a minimalist version of the
    Stefan> patch ;-)

I am testing now:
,---- [  ]
| GNU Emacs 27.1.91 (build 1, armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.4, Xaw3d scroll bars)
|  of 2021-01-31
`----

If You code the 'minimalist version of the patch'. I could try it on this
version. compiling master takes 1h on my lower end machine. But the
releases like:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-27.1.91.tar.xz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
have been prepared with:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
                      autoreconf -i -I m4 --force
                      make bootstrap
                     ./make-dist --snapshot --no-compress --no-changelog
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
After all this preparation compiling emacs just take me 20 minutes.

I think Lars was talking about having "Multi-OS Emacs buildbot". If that
happens. It would be excellent  having daily snapshot pre-packaged (like
the one in pretest You know with make bootstrap and the other two cli
commands ). That would simplify compiling emacs master on lower end
machines like my SBC {Single Board Computer}.

Best Regards