Subject: Re: bug#41421: 28.0.50; HarfBuzz font shaping library not found

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 18:26:00 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 20 May 2020 17:52:33 +0200, Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]> said:

    Andreas> At Linux SOME 3.16.0-10-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.81-1 (2020-01-17)
    Andreas> i686 GNU/Linux

    Andreas> With trunk from today, running

    Andreas> ./configure --with-modules --with-mailutils

    Andreas> get the following warning:

    Andreas> configure: WARNING: This configuration uses the Cairo graphics library,
    Andreas>     but not the HarfBuzz font shaping library.  We recommend the use
    Andreas>     of HarfBuzz when using Cairo, please install HarfBuzz development
    Andreas>     packages.

    Andreas> libharfbuzz-dev however is installed, as told by apt-get.

Does config.log provide any clues as to why configure didnʼt find
harfbuzz?

What does

    pkg-config --exists --print-errors "harfbuzz >= 1.2.3"

return? Itʼs possible you need to adjust your PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
include the location of libharfbuzz.pc

Robert