Subject: bug#41403: A more user-friendly version of GNU Emacs

From: Eduardo Ochs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:44:46 -0300

Hi Andrew,

there are many people trying to make Emacs more user-friendly, and
experimenting with different ways to do that. Most of these attempts
are announced at Sacha's Emacs Weekly News:

  https://sachachua.com/blog/category/emacs-news/
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-tangents/

My (own) preferred way to do that is this one:

  http://angg.twu.net/index.html#eev
  https://github.com/edrx/eev#introduction

In eev people can open a kind of an online version of a Reference Card
by typing just M-2 M-j. It opens something that looks like this:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-emacs-keys-intro.html

and it is easy to define new (editable!) help pages.

Also, I think that the best way to get help is the IRC channel:

  https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsChannel

Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://angg.twu.net/

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 11:22, Andrew Goh via Bug reports for GNU
Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> Hello GNU Emacs team,
>
> Can you find a more user-friendly way of using GNU Emacs without referring to a two page landscape GNU Emacs Reference Card? I understand that C-h is control-h, but what is M-x for example?
>
> As for the ELisp language, well, now, concurrency is supported on many languages, could ELisp be updated to support concurrency fully with Lisp threads.
>
> I was also wondering if you can add language extensions for Ruby and maybe Julia too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Goh S M
>