Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Womang hangs on some links

From: Frédéric Perrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:10:20 +0200

Hello,

Frédéric Perrin <[email-masked]> writes:
> Starting with a fresh checkout of the emacs source tree, Woman hangs
> when following some links to non-existent man pages. It happenned when
> I was looking at the procmailrc(5) page, and wanted to follow the
> regexp(5) link. At that moment, emacs stopped responding. The
> regexp(5) page doesn't exist on my system.

With a fresh CVS update (of this afternoon), it no longer happens. I
don't see the ChangeLog entry that would have fixed this bug. If I read
`cvs log woman.el` correctly, the last change seems to be :

> revision 1.70
> date: 2008-04-11 02:30:24 +0000;  author: cyd;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1;  commitid: t1JbOdImtMiRsDYs;
> (woman2-TH): Undo last change.  Use string-equal instead of
> string-match.

which is older than the version of CVS in which I saw the bug. Anyway...

Now, a link to regexp(5) displays the man page of regexp(n) (I didn't
notice that this page existed on my system...). More generally, WoMan
seems not to use the section of the man page when following a link. To
reproduce this behaviour, load man(1), and follow the groff(1) link.
WoMan then asks whether it should display groff(1) or groff(7). Now,
this one is only a minor annoyance.

-- 
Fred