Subject: java-testng: again nondeterministic test-failures?

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 11:27:45 +0200

Does anyone else have the same problems?

On my system java-testng sometimes fails nondeterministically within
the check phase:

===============================================
TestNG
Total tests run: 1633, Failures: 2, Skips: 0
===============================================

Failures in <suite> :TestNG, <test> :Regression2
test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyParallel()
StackTrace:
 java.lang.AssertionError: 
Expected size:<4> but was:<3> in:
<{59L=59L, 60L=60L, 62L=62L}>
	at test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyExpected(Unknown Source)
	at test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyParallel(Unknown Source)
... Removed 24 stack frames 

test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyParallel()
StackTrace:
 java.lang.AssertionError: 
Expected size:<4> but was:<3> in:
<{55L=55L, 56L=56L, 58L=58L}>
	at test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyExpected(Unknown Source)
	at test.thread.ParallelTestTest.verifyParallel(Unknown Source)
... Removed 24 stack frames 

Do others experience this too, or is it just my machine?

On berlin, everything looks fine, that makes we wonder:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=%5Ejava-testng

We had some problems in the past with other parallel tests:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30526

I also tried to update java-testng but that was not possible quickly,
because of new/updated dependency-graph.

Björn