Subject: bug#41386: 28.0.50; Gnus nnimap OAuth 2.0 support

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 23:47:21 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Two factor authentication can be implemented by a service without
  > requiring OAuth 2.0, and vice versa.

Ok.  But my concern is not about OAuth in particular.  The crucial
question is, will Gmail in the future permit access from the Free World
in any manner whatsoever?

In other words, if we look at all the ways of logging in that Gmail
permits in the future, will _any_ of them be usable in the Free World?

Can you help me find the answer?  If it is no, we had better put all our
strength into changing that answer.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)