Subject: bug#41386: 28.0.50; Gnus nnimap OAuth 2.0 support

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:49:19 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > If the Emacs maintainers wants to get involved with Google on this,
  > that's fine by me.

Do you mean, that Eli or Stefan should address this problem in Gnus?
I don't think we can possibly do anything on this.

  >   My stance is that Google is obviously not doing
  > these changes on a good-faith basis, but as a long-term way to shut off
  > all avenues of using Gmail without going through the official interface.

That doesn't seem to be what the Kmail developers think.

Many Gnus users will be unhappy if it stops working with Gmail.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)