Subject: bug#41384: failing to build util-linux 2.35.1

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 00:16:34 +0200

Josh <[email-masked]> writes:

>>[+ debbugs, please keep it in CC]
>
> Will do, sorry about that.
>
>>Can you attach
>>/var/log/guix/drvs/c7/0j91pkiv8qyazpv357ccc2jfjz91yw-util-linux-2.35.1.drv.bz2
>>to this bug report?
>
> Attached. Looks like those three that I mentioned. Anything else look
> interesting in there?

Thanks to a great coordinated effort on #guix, we tracked this problem
down to a regression in kernels 5.4.36 through 5.4.41 (or 5.6.8 through
5.6.13 for users tracking that branch).

You are running 5.4.38 according to the build log.

It has been fixed in the latest kernel releases (5.4.42 and 5.6.14).

I'm afraid you will have to downgrade your kernel in order to upgrade
Guix!  :-/