Subject: bug#41373: GNU ELPA: Add "reporting bugs" to individual package pages

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 23:54:12 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

We could have report-emacs-bug ask for which package the bug is in.
The Bug Subject argument could be one of the acceptable package names,
including 'emacs' and whichever ELPA packages have been loaded.  The
user could specify one of those.

If the definition of a package says where to send bug reports for it,
report-emacs-bug could send each bug to the right place.

If Bug Subject argument isn't on that list, report-emacs-bug could ask,
"Would you like to specify one of the ELPA packages that have been
loaded?"  But you would not have to do that.  If Bug Subject is unknown,
the message would go to bug-gnu-emacs, as now.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)