Subject: bug#41373: GNU ELPA: Add "reporting bugs" to individual package pages

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:14:57 -0700

One user reports:

    That change fixes the issue! Great! Let’s file a bug and then submit the
    fix for it… except… the project.el file contains absolutely no
    information about how to submit bugs or patches. There’s nothing on the
    project.el web page. No websites, no bug tracker, no email addresses.

    Folks, if you maintain Open Source software and you ever wonder why
    you’re not getting contributions… this is why you’re not getting
    contributions: because you don’t spend any time thinking about making it
    easy (or in this case, even possible) for folks to contribute back to
    your project.

    So, instead of supplying a bug report and a patch, so that other folks
    might avoid this problem when they upgrade their Emacs packages (and
    instead of working on PROJECT APOLLO, like I planned to do today), I’m
    writing this blog post. Hopefully, after I post this online in a few
    places, Cunningham’s Law will kick in and somebody will show up and tell
    me where I can send this patch after all…

    https://genehack.blog/2020/05/open-source-annoyances-and-affordances/

I think this is situation could be alleviated by including a static
section on the pages for individual packages which explains how to
report bugs.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas