Subject: bug#4137: 23.1.50; vc-dir waits instead of error message

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 20:40:17 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I tried doing vc-dir without having entered my passphrase to enable
>> subjobs of Emacs to contact savannah.  So CVS would have failed.
>> But vc-dir gave no sign of this.  It created the buffer in the initial
>> state, and never said or did anything more.
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately didn't get any
> response at the time.)
>
> I'm not sure I understand this bug report.  Was Emacs supposed to prompt
> for a password here?  (I think I've repressed how CVS worked with
> remote, password-protected repositories...)

More information was requested, but no response was given within a few
months, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no