Subject: Re: [bug#41365] [PATCH 0/5] Add superstarfighter

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 20:53:51 +0200

Hello,

Timotej Lazar <[email-masked]> writes:

> this series adds SuperStarfighter¹, a small game built with the Godot
> engine. I’m submitting it together with patches for godot needed to
> build the game, and some other improvements. I built the game for x86,
> x86_64 and aarch64 (can’t run it there due to missing 3D
> acceleration).

Great. Thank you.

> The main change to godot is building the headless binary, which is used
> to compile game assets without requiring X. I put this into a separate
> output because it doubles the install size. Compile time is also nearly
> doubled, since most files get compiled twice.
>
> If the longer compile time (in total ~20 minutes on an old i7, and
> ~80 minutes on an even older core duo) is problematic, this can be split
> in two packages. The game depends on both versions to build and run
> though. Thoughts?

I think 80 minutes is not that bad. We can reconsider later.

> I also enabled release build for Godot, removed an old workaround for
> aarch64 (disabling threads caused an infinite loop when building the
> game), and installed the icons to the correct location to be used with
> the .desktop file.

Perfect.

I applied your patches with minor tweaks.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou