Subject: bug#41364: 27.0.91; org-self-insert-command does not work

From: Tim Hawes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 07:35:43 -0400

Start emacs with emacs -Q
Start or open an org-mode document
type <s and tab, nothing happens
describe-key looks correct.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-05-11 built on origen
Repository revision: c36c5a3dedbb2e0349be1b6c3b7567ea7b594f1c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Pop!_OS 18.04 LTS

Recent messages:
354  Go ahead r128sm5873181qke.109 - gsmtp
Sending email  
250 2.0.0 OK  1589715039 r128sm5873181qke.109 - gsmtp
Sending email done
221 2.0.0 closing connection r128sm5873181qke.109 - gsmtp
Sending...done
Decrypting /home/thawes/.authinfo.gpg...done
epa-file--find-file-not-found-function: Opening input file: Can't decrypt, No data (no armored data); No data (expected a packet but did not found one); Exit
Quit
Decrypting /home/thawes/.authinfo.gpg...done
epa-file--find-file-not-found-function: Opening input file: Can't decrypt, No data (no armored data); No data (expected a packet but did not found one); Exit
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-cairo --with-json --with-modules --without-pop --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2
GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  column-enforce-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-strict-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/thawes/.roswell/lisp/slime/2020.03.25/slime-autoloads hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-2.24/slime-autoloads
/home/thawes/.roswell/lisp/slime/2020.03.25/slime hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-2.24/slime
/home/thawes/.roswell/lisp/slime/2020.03.25/slime-tests hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-2.24/slime-tests
~/.emacs.d/pde/tree-mode hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/tree-mode-20151104.1331/tree-mode
/home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.11/jsonrpc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.91/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/thawes/.emacs.d/elpa/faceup-20170925.1946/faceup hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.91/lisp/custom hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/layers/customizations/custom
/home/thawes/.emacs.d/libraries/geiser/geiser-init hides /home/thawes/.emacs.d/layers/languages/scheme/geiser-init

Features:
(epa-file mailalias smtpmail email-init reveal pde perldoc woman windata
tree-mode imenu-tree pde-project ffap two-column iso-transl shadow sort
mail-extr emacsbug sendmail eieio-opt help-fns radix-tree disp-table
spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common whitespace org-indent ol-eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org-agenda
all-the-icons-fonts-init all-the-icons-ivy all-the-icons-dired
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons custom-keys
general which-key smex transparent-window input-init markdown-init
yaml-init json-init json-snatcher edi-init basic-init
smalltalk-mode-init javascript-init ruby-init haskell-init perl-init
plsense yaxception log4e pde-load complete pde-abbv tempo-x pde-patch
help-dwim template-simple pde-vars groovy-init java-init jdee jdee-wiz
jdee-test jdee-stacktrace jdee-refactor dired-aux jdee-project-file
jdee-maven jdee-keys jdee-jdb jdee-java-grammar jdee-which-method
jdee-font-lock jdee-issues jdee-help jdee-gen tempo jdee-find jdee-deps
jdee-cygwin jdee-custom jdee-compile jdee-class jdee-bytecode jdee-bug
jdee-run jdee-jdk-manager jdee-dbs jdee-dbo jdee-widgets jdee-db
jdee-open-source semantic/senator semantic/decorate jdee-import
jdee-complete semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn jdee-archive memoize jdee-parse jdee-backend
jdee-bsh jdee-util jdee-parse-expr beanshell semantic/sb speedbar
sb-image dframe jdee-imenu semantic/imenu semantic/sort semantic/db-file
data-debug cedet-files semantic/db semantic/java semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/doc semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local jdee-avl-tree efc jdee-annotations jdee-abbrev
jdee-classpath jdee-files jdee-activator jdee-log cedet vc-git
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch
javadoc-lookup java-imports pcache eieio-base hy-init cython-init
flycheck-cython geiser-init geiser php-init geben-init geben dbgp
web-init racket-init quack cmuscheme scheme dr-racket-like-unicode
flymake-racket flymake-easy flymake-proc flymake python-init
clojure-init 4clojure rainbow-delimiters clojure-mode-extra-font-locking
clj-refactor pkg-info epl cap-words superword subword inflections
sgml-mode cider tramp-sh cider-debug cider-inspector cider-browse-ns
cider-mode cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval cider-repl-history
pulse cider-repl cider-resolve cider-test cider-overlays
cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec cider-clojuredocs
cider-popup cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common cider-util
cider-connection sesman-browser nrepl-client queue nrepl-dict
cider-compat parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex a sesman vc
vc-dispatcher clojure-mode align paredit clj-refactor-compat rust-init
flycheck-rust cargo cargo-process rust-mode lisp-init
lisp-extra-font-lock slime-banner ac-slime slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb company-elisp origami origami-parsers
column-enforce-mode linum lisp-mnt apropos etags fileloop arc-mode
archive-mode hyperspec elisp-init aggressive-indent programming-init
iedit iedit-lib multiple-cursors-core rect wgrep-ag wgrep editorconfig
smartparens lsp-init dap-mode dap-overlays lsp-mode network-stream
markdown-mode inline ht ewoc em-glob dash-functional bindat
restclient-init docker-init docker-compose-mode dockerfile-mode
sh-script smie executable ansible-init company-ansible
company-ansible-keywords ansible f magit-init magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-collab ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub
let-alist gnutls magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils magit-popup
crm log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor server company-init
company-quickhelp pos-tip company pcase auto-complete-init
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup projectile-init
persp-projectile perspective ido ggtags-init shell-pop-init erc-init
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat erc-loaddefs multi-term-init
unbound my-funcs ivy-init counsel-projectile projectile grep ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs counsel xdg xref project compile swiper ivy
delsel colir ivy-overlay use-package-diminish avy helm-init
helm-adaptive helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp async flycheck-init flycheck rx
flyspell-init flyspell ispell elfeed-init elfeed-goodies-logging
elfeed-goodies-new-entry-hooks mm-url gnus nnheader
elfeed-goodies-split-pane popwin elfeed-goodies-show-mode ace-jump-mode
noflet cl-indent elfeed-goodies-search-mode elfeed-show elfeed-search
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader shr svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed
elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib url-queue xml-query
elfeed-goodies web-browser-init calibre-init calibre-mode sql view
thingatpt cbible-init cbible org-init org2blog ox-wp metaweblog xml-rpc
timezone htmlize ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-shell ob-clojure ob-lisp
ob-ruby ob-python org-jira org-jira-sdk jiralib request mail-utils
soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode warnings rng-xsd xsd-regexp
xml org-clock ob-racket org-bullets ox-gfm ox-md ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator use-package-bind-key
bind-key powerline-init powerline powerline-separators color
powerline-themes environment-init exec-path-from-shell web-search-init
sos org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap cl web-search yasnippet-init yasnippet
neotree-init neotree advice eshell-init virtualenvwrapper gud easy-mmode
s eshell-prompt-extras em-dirs esh-var em-ls em-hist eshell em-pred
multi-eshell esh-help man dash em-unix esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-module esh-groups esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-util tramp-init tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec ssh-init keychain-environment dired-init ranger bookmark
text-property-search pp autorevert filenotify hl-line dired
dired-loaddefs emacs-frame-manager-init dashboard-init dashboard
dashboard-widgets recentf tree-widget page-break-lines fortune
paradox-init paradox paradox-menu paradox-commit-list hydra ring
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit paradox-execute paradox-github
paradox-core spinner lv cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure
use-package-core packages-init epg epg-config gnu-elpa-keyring-update
time finder-inf edmacro kmacro org2blog-autoloads slime-autoloads info
package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 878823 192780)
 (symbols 48 78495 1)
 (strings 32 290054 48962)
 (string-bytes 1 9355171)
 (vectors 16 113632)
 (vector-slots 8 1490021 200874)
 (floats 8 1353 1160)
 (intervals 56 3210 1771)
 (buffers 1000 34))

-- 
No, I'm not interested in developing a powerful brain.  All I'm after is
just a mediocre brain, something like the president of American Telephone
and Telegraph Company.
		-- Alan Turing on the possibilities of a thinking
		   machine, 1943.