Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] finalize java-openjfx packages

From: Ioannis Kappas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:14:05 +0100

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 6:27 PM Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ioannis,
>
> So, I read only patches 2 and 3. In the third patch, I have a couple
> suggestions, in addition to what I told you in my previous message.
>
> java-openjfx-build-web-js-test.patch doesn't seem to be present in the
> patch.

My apologies, attached as 0004.

(Alexey, it would be great if you can check if the patches solve the
davmail issues you've mentioned)

>
> > 2. Output native libs to openjfx standard share/amd64 dir.
>
> That would only work on x86_64-linux I think. Could you either install
> to some common directory, and then fix loading, or to a directory that
> depends on the architecture, so it can find the libraries on other
> architectures too?

Sure will have a look. There are also some examples in java.scm that
utilize %current-system and/or %current-target-system that I was
thinking of using, but couldn't find any documentation to point me
which one is the correct one.

> We could get rid of all the #t at the end of phases, it's deprecated
> now.
>
> Could you fix all this and send a new patch series, with one patch per
> package, so we can try applying them and checking them more closely?

Will do, and also try to address the comments from the previous email.
Happy to get this through as many iterations as necessary.

Thanks