Subject: Re: bug#41356: Install script fails on Ubuntu 18.04 x86_64: Workaround

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 14:26:09 +0200

Trevor,

Thanks for the report!

Trevor Lee 写道：
> ```bash
> cp: cannot stat '/root/.config/guix/current
> /lib/systemd/system/gnu-store.mount': No such file or directory
> chmod: cannot access '/etc/systemd/system/gnu-store.mount': No 
> such file or
> directory
> ```

This happens because [0] links to guix-install.sh on (git) master, 
which contains new code to install gnu-store.mount, but then 
downloads an older (release) archive that doesn't contain that 
file yet.

The above error is harmless, in that there's no regression from 
1.1.0.  New installations just won't benefit from Guix Advanced 
System Protection(ZOMG™) just yet. 
ebbf91542269fcb36d64928d4a4992e6afbf2acf avoids the error.

With that I'm closing this bug with little sense of satisfaction.

Your manual work-around is totes valid but (and do keep it), but 
while not mounting /gnu/store ro on foreign distributions was a 
serious oversight I don't think it warrants bundling or 
downloading a copy of the .mount unit.

IMO it does warrant a 1.1.1 release once Vincent's non-systemd 
work gets merged.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation