Subject: Re: [bug#41350] [PATCH v2 3/3] system: vm: Build vm-image using native qemu, for the Hurd.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 19:45:25 +0200

Hello Jan,

> Mathieu, if it turns out that you are dropping qemu-image next week
> altogether then great!, and I have no problem whatsoever dropping this
> patch set as well.
>
> For now, I have reset wip-hurd-vm and put your commits towards the
> bottom of the wip-hurd-vm stack too.

I just pushed a few commits to your branch. I'm now able to run:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix system disk-image --target=i586-pc-gnu  gnu/system/examples/bare-hurd.tmpl
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

no VM inside.

We now have to backport some of your work to (gnu system image), but
the good news is that closure registration is now working, and the Hurd
boots.

> Sending an updated v3 patch set just because I'm so pleased with this
> result.

I'll have a look :)

Thanks,

Mathieu