Subject: bug#41338: Toolbar-bug in Emacs 27.0.91/Pretest

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 11:11:04 +0200

On Sun, 17 May 2020 10:56:50 +0200 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 May 2020 10:20:55 +0200 martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> But I don't know why the ‘delete-frame’ event is not fired on frame deletion.
>>
>> How do you delete the frame?  You don't get a 'delete-frame' event when
>> you delete a frame via C-x 5 0 or C-x 5 1.
>>
>> martin
>
> In my test I followed the OP's recipe:
>
>> (7) Using the mouse, close the frame showing mouse.el, but do so in a state
>> where still isearch overlays show up.
>
> I.e., I clicked on the 'X' (close frame button) in the frame's title
> bar.

But when I close the frame with `C-x 5 0' instead and then proceed with
the OP's recipe, the tool bar does not change and when I switch to the
buffer where isearch had been invoked, the search is now abandoned,
i.e., no isearch tool bar or lighter, no overlays.  So only closing the
frame by clicking the close frame button with the mouse induces the
surprising behavior.

Steve Berman