Subject: Re: bug#4129: Emacs still have font spacing problem

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:57:24 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Naohiro Aota <[email-masked]> writes:

> As I post last year [1], Emacs still doesn't deal with fonts whose
> spacing is set to FC_DUAL. Please see this screen-shot I've sent last
> year [2]. You see disgusting Elisp indentation, don't you?

> This is all because Emacs assume "space width" is as same as "font max
> width" only just if the font is not "PROPORTIONAL". Some Japanese are
> using "DUAL" fonts (M+ font, IPA font and so on). These fonts have
> "glyphs in precisely two widths, one twice as wide as the other" [3],
> Emacs shouldn't use "max width" for "min width" and "space width" when
> there is two kinds of width!

> Please please think applying the patch.

Thank you for the patch, and I'm very sorry for the late
response on this matter.  It seems that I somehow missed
your first report.

I've just applied your patch in this mail:

> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/111557/

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]