Subject: bug#41283: closed (Re: bug#41284: 26.3; cc-mode: Incorrect font locking of static functions)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 18:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41284: 26.3; cc-mode: Incorrect font locking of static functions

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41284: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41284
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41284: 26.3; cc-mode: Incorrect font locking of static functions
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: George O'Hara <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 18:38:11 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, George.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 09:52:26 +0100, George O'Hara wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> I can confirm that fixes it.
> A huge thank you for your help!

OK, that's great,thanks!  I've committed the patch to the master branch
at savannah, and I'm closing the bug with this post.

> Kind regards
> George

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 26.3; cc-mode: Incorrect font locking of static functions
From: "George O'Hara" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 09:05:55 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 Hi,

>From 'emacs -Q', C-x C-f and create a buffer called 'test.c'.
In this buffer, type:

static int some_function();
int static another_function();

some_function is not highlighted, while another_function is.
I would expect both to be highlighted.
Note that this also happens with C++.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
of 2020-05-13 built on gohara-t450s
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97752 8020)
(symbols 48 20379 1)
(miscs 40 84 118)
(strings 32 28409 1537)
(string-bytes 1 746781)
(vectors 16 14596)
(vector-slots 8 505938 8384)
(floats 8 50 68)
(intervals 56 246 4)
(buffers 992 13))