Subject: bug#41281: guix package -i guile-dbi failed

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 12:25:54 +0200

Dear Wensheng Xie,

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 11:10, Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Wensheng Xie <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Hinweis: Versuchen Sie, sowohl `guile-dbi' als auch `guile' zu aktualisieren, oder
> > entfernen Sie eines von beidem aus dem Profil.
>
> try to do what this suggests, update guile and guile-dbi together:
> `guix package -u guile guile-dbi`

I do not speak German but if you have already (old) Guile and (old)
Guile packages in your default profile ~/.guix-profile, then conflicts
could happen.  If you do not want to update your profile -- even if it
is safe because of '--roll-back' -- you can also create another one:

   guix package -i guile guile-dbi -p /tmp/profile-test

BTW, the other bug  #41280 [1] should be related to the same issue.

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/41280

All the best,
simon