Subject: bug#4128: 23.1; term/ns-win.el does "too much", assumes wrong run order

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:47:19 -0400

> From: John Prevost <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:35:56 -0400
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: John Prevost <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Is it only the term/*-win.el files that are so pre-loaded?

No, there are many more.  See the file lisp/loadup.el for the full
list of Lisp packages that are preloaded.

> It might be good to document the fact in the info documentation for
> Terminal-specific Initialization ((emacs) Terminal Init) that these
> files are special and therefore cannot be bypassed by -q or setting
> term-file-prefix in your .emacs file.

It would be a maintenance nightmare, IMO, to document each file that
is preloaded, because these things change over time.  And I don't
think it should matter, anyway.  If there are specific problems with
the fact that they are preloaded, they might be bugs or misfeatures
that need to be fixed, rather than relying on documentation of what is
preloaded and letting users figure out what that means.  (I suspect
that most users don't understand the subtleties of this, nor do I
think they need to.)