Subject: [bug#41260] [PATCH 1/1] guix package: Support multiple profiles with '--list-installed'.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 23:43:50 +0200

Hi Ludo,

Sorry for the delay.

On Sat, 16 May 2020 at 19:34, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> How about instead loading all the manifests, merging them with
> ‘concatenate-manifests’, and operating on that?  That would avoid
> special-casing.

See v2.

> Bonus point if you can add a test case for that, similar to
> ‘--search-paths’ with multiple profiles.  :-)

Done in 'tests/guix-packages-net.sh'.  See v2.

BTW, I added a 'delete-duplicates' on profiles.  And I was tempted to
also add 'sort' to always process in the same order.  And personally,
I prefer the alphanumerical order than the order of installation
because it is more reliable and easier to find what I am looking for
-- otherwise I always do the extra step of pipe: |cut -f1| xargs echo|
sort which is "ugly".  The order of installation seems redundant with
--list-generation.  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon